There are over 600 cases in New York State and 6 deaths. (5 on New York City)
Schools will be closed from today until April 20, 2020.
Starting Today, Breakfast and lunch will be available at every building through a Grab-and-Go meals initiative that myself and Councilman Treyger proposed. The Grab-and-Go meals will be made available at all schools in New York City.
Principals, Teachers and School Crossing Guards are to report to work on Tuesday March 17th. Principals and Teachers will take part in professional development for remote learning. School Crossing Guards are to report to their posts and await further instructions.
On Thursday and Friday, students who are instructed to, will pick information and other necessary materials for remote learning.
On Monday March 23, 2020, remote learning will begin for students
Health Professionals and First Responders:
Childcare by the City should be in place by Monday March 23rd. Stay Tuned for more info.
Parents of Students with Disabilities and certain IEPs should be able to receive Learn at Home materials from the Department of Education.
Things we are still advocating for:
- Suspension of Alternate Side Parking
- Emergency Paid Leave for all Teachers, Principals, School Crossing Guards, non-essential school staff and others.
- Special Expansion on Unemployment for all workers via State Legislation.
- Emergency cash and SNAP assistance for low income families.
- Increased food deliveries for Seniors.
- More protective equipment for Nurses, Doctors, First Responders and Transportation Workers.
and much more.
Stay Up to Date via Social Media by following me on my platforms: